Free Workshops for Private Schools Grades K-12 in Performance Assessment
In this day-and-a half workshop, administrators will learn how to use performance assessment to support implementation of college- and career-ready standards. The training will involve two strands, one for mathematics and one for language arts/literacy.
- Review key assessment literacy concepts (purposes of assessment, methods of assessment, the assessment cycle)
- Understand the value of key elements of performance assessment
- Unpack the performance task aligned to college- and career-ready standards and use evidence-based scoring to analyze student responses
- Consider instructional implications drawn from analysis of the task and student work
- Begin planning to support all students to make progress toward college- and career-readiness.
There is NO COST to attendees! Please bring your own snacks, lunch, and beverages. Administrators are welcome to bring a team of teachers.
Presentation by WestEd and Stanford Center for Assessment, Learning and Equity (SCALE).
Daily schedule: 9:00 AM–2:30 PM
Click on the desired location to register.
Sacramento - February 16-17
Montclair (Southern California) - March 20-21
Limited to 50 administrators!